Applications are now open for the new Diploma of Music (CUA50820) with specialisation in “Creation and Composition” and “Sound Production.” Note that offerings are strictly limited with caps on the number of placements.
The application process consists of two parts;
 Self-recorded five-minute audition video and
 Completed written questionnaire.
Specific details re each aspect are covered below.
Lastly, a follow up phone interview will be offered to applicants who demonstrate the potential for success in an autonomous online study environment.
Applicants please note the following —
- Failure to meet the requirements of the five-minute audition video or written questionnaire will result in a rejection of the application
- It is the responsibility of the applicant (and the applicant alone) to read and understand the audition requirements, and to follow the instructions given
- Assistance or additional explanation will not be given to potential applicants via phone or email
- Applicants are expected to represent themselves with honesty and integrity; it will be assumed the application submission is the sole work of the applicant
- Unsuccessful applicants may audition again a minimum of 12 months following a rejection of application
 Self-recorded five minute audition video
- Applicants are to provide a video introduction, no more than 5 minutes in length
- In this video, applicants are to detail their music history, including any formal studies undertaken along with performing, composing, arranging or recording experience undertaken
- Applicants are to discuss their familiarity with music technology, while providing a description of their private workspace and process
- Lastly, applicants are to relate their experience in recording, mixing and/or producing recordings
- Upload to YouTube or Vimeo and share the view link in the enrolment form
 Written questionnaire
- Refer to the written questionnaire, available as a download link below
- Download the document, fill out all respective fields and adhere to the the word count provided in each section
- Save the completed document in PDF format and attach to your email. Be sure to include the completed enrolment form
A note from our CEO —
“As the CEO of AOMI, it’s my responsibility to offer places in our program to people who are genuine about studying. We want those with honest intent and realistic expectations. As I’m sure you may be aware, one of the drawbacks of modern society is that it’s become far too easy to misrepresent one’s abilities. Accordingly, our three stage audition process is designed to filter out those who are not prepared for the cut and thrust of the music industry, where success is built on hard work, collegiality, and a willingness to learn from one’s mistakes. I look forward to seeing your application come through and hopefully, working with you in 2023”