The Diploma of Music delivered by AOMI is tailored towards contemporary music composition and production with an emphasis on working within a DAW (digital audio workstation) environment.
Students examine the art and craft of contemporary music composition and production, sound design and signal processing, mixing, signal flow, advanced audio and MIDI editing operations, digital audio theory and fundamentals, synthesis and sampling, and much more.
Students are also exposed to fundamental legal and workplace requirements including copyright, publishing, legislation, contracts and invoicing. The preparation and promotion of marketing materials such as an EPK (electronic press kit) and press releases are also taught and explored as part of the course.
Digital Music #1
- CUAMCP411 Develop Techniques for Arranging Music
- CUAMCP412 Compose Musical Pieces
Music Production #1
- CUASOU415 Record Sound
- CUASOU417 Edit Sound
Digital Music #2
- CUAMCP511 Compose Music Using Music Technology
- CUAMCP512 Compose Music for Screen
Sound Design and Synthesis
- CUASOU513 Develop Sound Designs
- CUASOU505 Implement Sound Designs
Digital Audio Theory
- CUAIND411 Extend Expertise in Specialist Creative Fields
Music Production #2
- CUASOU419 Mix Recorded Music
- CUASOU506 Create a Final Sound Balance
- CUAWRT503 Write About Music
Copyright Arrangements [CORE]
- CUACMP511 Manage Copyright Arrangements
Music Industry [CORE]
- CUAIND412 Provide Freelance Services
Professional Practice [CORE]
- CUAIND512 Enhance Professional Practice Using Creative Arts Industry Knowledge
- CUAMWB401 Develop and Implement Self-Care Plan in the Creative Arts Industries
2022/2023 Full fee = $24,000
AOMI no longer offers four intake periods.
Our new intakes are limited to the following —
Intake #1 = January
Intake #2 = July
To apply for entry in the Diploma program, a five minute self-recorded video audition together with completion of a written questionnaire is required. This is to assess the musical skills, and aptitude for study within an online environment.
Click here for more information on entry requirements
Full-Time study load only
- 1 year duration [4 study terms]
- 40 weeks of study
- 25-30 hours per week